Monday, January 5, 2015

Akio Chapter 1

Akio Chapter 1
By Justin O'Neal

“Someone help me please, someone!”
A whimpering voice cries, as she abruptly hits her hands against the iron bars to her carved out prison cell, deep within an abandoned cave. The echo of dripping water falls from the ceiling and oozes out of the walls.
“Oh this is useless. No one can even hear me. I’m not sure why I even bother.”
“It’s because Emi, someone will indeed find you one of these days. At least that is what you hope will happen one of these days. You just have to believe that you will be free from this treacherous prison.”
“W-who are you, more importantly how do you know my name. A-and how do you know where I am? Can you help me, are you the one who is going to save me?”
Her eyes grew wide and lit up with joy.
“ I am terribly sorry madam, but you see I do not merely exist outside the walls of your imagination.”
“So, what you are saying is that you are made up? That I made you to keep me company? You are Imaginary? “
“Yes that is correct”
“Than why do you seem so real to me?”
“Life is full of mysteries madam. This one I can explain only to be that it is because you are lonely. You have not had any kind of contact with any other life forms for a while now. I can certainly promise you though help is on its way.”
“H-how do you know this? I thought you said… Wait a minute am I going crazy? Haha, that must be the case. That is the only reason I must be hearing voices. Especially ones that promise me help is on its way.
“ Think of yourself as being crazy if you wish, but this is very much so going to happen. I’m not sure who he is, nor have I ever seen him. It has been said that he is the same person from decades ago. Same name, same intents, but with a different body and different mind set.”
“So what you are saying is that it isn’t going to be until years before I am rescued?”
“More like a hundred years or so. Yes.”
Slowly she begins to see less and less. As her vision start to fade away.
“Miss… miss are you alright? Hello there, miss?”
groaning “W-what happened?”
“I’m not quite sure. It seems as if you may have blacked out there for a bit.”
“How long was I out for?”
“I would have to say a few days. At least five though.
“W-why can’t I feel anything? I-i can’t even move. Oh, this is just terrible! Sir, might I ask you of your name? You have been so kind to me lately. ”
“Oh, lets not worry about what my name is just at the moment. Anyways shouldn’t you know? I am your creation after all.”
“Oh yeah that's rights. How do you suppose this happened to me sir?”
“Well I would have to say it has something to do with you being locked up all by yourself all this time. You see it is very unhealthy to stay locked up locked up like this all day. Something like this could make you go insane. Have you tried to get out for a little bit?”
“No”
“Well why not?”
“Maybe it has something to do with me being behind bars in an unknown area.”
“Oh, yeah I guess I had forgotten about that.”
“So, do you have any other great ideas then? Hello? Where did you go off to? Mister please don’t leave me. Not at a time like this.”

No comments:

Post a Comment