Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Akio Chapter two

 Akio Chapter 2
By Justin O'Neal

The wind Slowly begins to pick up. The trees sawing back and forth as if someone was trying to pull them out of the earth. The sounds of the outside world are swallowed up by the entrance of the cave. Echoing throughout the tunnels that lead to the prison cell.

“Oh, I sure hope no one followed me out here. I guess its time to man up anyways if someone did follow me. Its not like they can do anything to me anyways. I have something they don’t . Oh my it seems as if I got carried away again. I guess I had better get training before it gets too late.”
“Hmm, my my my it seems as if we have a wanderer out here. I must get back to Emi and hide her before this villager finds her. Heaven knows he wouldn’t be able to save her anyways. Plus it is no where near her time for being released.”
The wondering villager begins to whack at a tree for his so called training he very well came out here to do.Rapidly he moves with great speed, as he continues to hit the tree with his forearms. Shortly after he reaches behind his back and places his palms on a handle. Pulling his arms back in front of him he draws out a pair of daggers with three blades. Also known as the Sai. The villager holds them out in front of himself. The blades lined up vertically with the sky. Trying to start relaxed he takes in a chest full of air. As he raises the Sai it appears as if he had pulled it apart to make two. He is now at the state of peace.
“ Alex, don’t touch that is is very sharp! Alex, I told you not to mess with that.”
“But mom, --”
“No, no buts. Just don’t be messing with it.”
A few weeks later found as the headline on the morning paper. “Boy missing along with his grandfathers sai’s.”
“Alex there you are. You had us all so worried.”
Not to long after Alex arrives he ends up disappearing again. “Boy ends up missing a week after his first disappearance, and has not been located within more than a week.”
“Oh Alex I was afraid this day would come.”
Even though it has been years since these events had happened. In this state of peace the villager just cannot seem to shake the past articles from deep within his memory. “Boy Still missing, a year has past, and leaves no hope of him still being alive. Leaves mother devastated, and shortly after that the mother of the missing boy becomes ill from her son's disappearance after two years.” As Alex remembers reading all of those articles just not to long ago and has no one else to blame but himself. Tears began to roll down the villagers face.
*sniff* “How could I have let something so terrible happen to my mother, after all she has done for me. It was so stupid for me to run away with granddads sai’s. H-how could I do that to her?”
Regret and rage start to get to the best of him making it hard for him to stay relaxed.
“How was I suppose to know you would become ill about this though? If only I wasn’t so obsessed with these sai’s. Maybe, just maybe you would not have gotten ill and you would still be here. No, I will not let this get to the best of me. None of this was my fault. If only she understood what was really going on with me. Than I would not have has to of ran off. It isn’t like this type of training is welcomed here in this village. Wait, no! That still means it is all my fault. No, no matter how I look at this I am the one to blame. For I need to take responsibility for my own actions. If I had not wanted to go behind my village’s back and work on training. I would not have had the urge to run off with these sai’s and none of this would have happened in the first place.”
His eyes grow wide and his mouth opened in a sobbing fashion. His hands clenching his skull as he drops his knees to the ground. Just trying to find any sign of hope that he is not to blame for what has happened to his mother. Alex Leans up against the tree with his left arm, the tree he was using to train with. He hits the tree full force with his right arm.
“No! It was not my fault someone else was controlling me. I was not in control of my own actions. I really didn’t want to leave, not like that anyways. There would have been no way for mother to believe me though, if I was to tell her someone else was controlling me. Not even if I had proof of it. I will be stronger than this guilt.”
Alex then looks up towards the sky
“How long have I been out here?”
The sun slowly fades to a pinkish orange color. Slowly it begins to disappear into the horizon of the earths surface. Almost as if it was being eaten. The darkness that follows the lack of light from the disappearing sun, quickly grows to the other side of the horizon. Twinkling stars start to shine. Being the only source of light left, until the moon, soon appears. Its almost like it was following the darkness that engulfed the sun. It appears the sun has been reborn as the moon, or at least the sun’s light is reflecting over to the moon. Casting A bluish white glare that gives the earths surface a peaceful look. Causing the shadows from the forest of the villagers stay to look more frightening than ever. The wind begins to pick up, just as the moon covers its face to hide from what brews from the southwest. Almost as if it were alive. Bright flashes of light begin to show up all with in the midnight sky. Surrounding the village at the bottom of the forest. The citizens of the village seem to be silent. The wind howling as if it was to cold. While the midnight sky roaring as if it were to hot, and light reflecting from the light of the village as if the village was saying its too dark. Soon there were no more traces of the moon and or stars. Only because a thick film of moisture giving off a grayish color that covers the night sky. As the tears of the Gods soon begin to pour over the vicinity of the village. Sharp crackles vibrate through the forest.
“W-what was that?”
Gazing towards the place of where the sounds came from Alex then realized it was about to start storming, and that he was lucky to have not been caught up in it at least at the time being.
“Damn, I shouldn't have let all the guilt and grief get to me like it did. Now, not only do I have to worry about getting back to the village undetected. That way I don’t end up getting questioned of why I was out here this long. But now I have to find shelter before this storm hits. That way I don’t end up getting sick from being out in the damp rain. Where would I go though? Hopefully there is an empty cave near by since coming across a hut in the forest these days seems merely impossible. It would be time consuming to search for a house and a waste of time considering most of the people who would live out here are not very happy to see others, but that is probably because it has been forbidden to live out here.”
A great flash  of electricity bolts from the ground upward although it appears to be the opposite of that. A piercing gaze, tears being thrown up against the trees. Another great flash of light dances around until it reaches the mouth of a cave.
“Ah, there seems to be a cave.”
Dashing for the cave before he gets drenched. Alex realizes it was too late for that, but ends up getting to the cave before it got too bad. Thankful for being able to seek shelter from the lightning. Something he didn’t realize was that he wasn’t the only one in that cave.


No comments:

Post a Comment